Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Office Supplies

Who doesn't love office supplies? Does the new package of Sharpies shown below do the same thing to you that it does to me? I want to rip it open and start doodling. 

Hopefully, my surgeon will appreciate the fact that I have managed to keep the entire package intact, and just for him. Because I am sorta jonesing for the ORANGE Sharpie right now!

I know they will have to draw on me quite a bit. I refuse to let it be in black Sharpies, I am really more or an orange and purple gal. I will present the Sharpies to the main surgeon prior to him doodling on me.

Here is a quick photo of the procedure they are going to do:


1. Remove breasts and nipples
2. Remove fat from tummy
3. Make a new belly button (!) and close me up like a window shade
4. Build new breasts utilizing the harvested tissue from my tummy
5. Reattach the blood vessels through a tiny hole in my sternum

I know, I know, it's probably more information than you wanted to know. But isn't technology amazing????? 

I, of course, want there to be plenty of fat for them to harvest, so I am eating ice cream every day. Tomorrow I may even have it for breakfast. 

This is, after all, a teaching hospital, so there will be medical students in and out of the OR.

VOTE: Funny or not?
I'd like to write on my boobs before surgery:
"Stop staring at my tits"

3 comments:

Licia Berry said...

Hey Hayley,
I met you at Jean's party Saturday (I came with Lori)...it was great to meet you, and I LOVE your blogs!

You can see my fledgling blog at www.berrytrip.us/blog ...it's about my family and my wacky observations as we travel.

Oh, and I vote FUNNY. Definitely!

xoxo
Licia Berry

Susan said...

You have to do this. You wouldn't be you if you didn't.

Definitely funny.

Margerie said...

funny! But make it small. You wouldn't want him cutting on the wrong line..... :)



Be prepared for a crowd in the OR. I didn't know if I should be flattered or insulted that 20 people wanted to see my surgery. I went with the former. I am a raock star!

Who wouldn't want to witness the making of an even more fabulous woman????? Rock Star Hayley with the Fabulous Tits!

I can make you a sign that says that to put on your bed :)
Will be thinking of you plenty and wishing the best of the bestest in that OR darling.