Wednesday, January 7, 2009

24 hours

What a difference 24 hours makes! It's 10:30 Wednesday night and all is well. One rotation of the earth ago, all kinds of doubt rampaged thru my brain--tonight, tranquility. Emotional roller coasters are no where near as fun to ride as the real things, but they churn ones stomach to be sure (or maybe that is the cheese steak Julie and I had for dinner).

Dr. Buntic came in this morning during his rounds and liked what he saw--last nights surgery had fixed the problem. Her blood pressure was a little low, and heart rate high, so he ordered up a little blood for my girl, and that did the trick. He came back later in the day, looked at her, and her vitals, and said "looks good" and was off to take care of someone who needed help. Clearly he saw that everything was well under control.

I left the Hospital tonight around 9, Hayley was heading off to slumberland--blood pressure and pulse great, and the healing continuing nicely. It was great today, Madelyn and Greg took the early shift so I could get a few winks, and do a little work, then they got in the big bird back to 28 degrees and snow in Cleveland. Once again thanks to these two who jostled their schedule so they could hold my hand yesterday (was that really only yesterday?)

Hayley had a nice visit from her BBB (Buntic Boobie Buddies) today, as well as Marcy and Julie. Her Brother is making his way out from Utah, and her Aunt will be here Monday.

Either tomorrow or Friday Hayley will be moved from ICU to a normal room, and home most likely Monday or Tuesday. Thanks to all for checking this instead of calling or texting--my phone's battery thanks you.

We will update this tomorrow (Julie, call me before you leave so you can post).
Thanks for all the love and prayers,

tt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

T, Cleavage Creek buddy Patricia checking in here. I'll keep an eye this blog for Ms. 2006 Reserve Cab-Syrah's progress and, if she's up to it, I'd like to come down for a visit on Sunday. I'll give your cell phone a rest until it looks like a visit might be a possibility. Hugs to all, P.