Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mmmm mmmmm good

Hi everyone!  As you all know, Hayley is back home, safe, sound and cancer free.  Can I get a "hallelujah!", people!!!  For those of you who haven't had a chance to come and check out the new girls, you definitely want to put that on your list of things to do.  It's truly amazing what modern medicine can do these days.  She's a little tired, and since she's only taking Tylenol now she's in some pain, but still smiling.  If it was me I think I'd stay fully medicated and living through chemistry for at least the next few weeks.....nausea or not.  I've been visiting since Friday and fortunately for me this was when the 2-a-days started.  That's two meals a day, delivered.  Most of you probably already know this but Hayley's friends signed up to bring her and Timmy lunch and dinner every day for the next two weeks.  Not only was this an incredibly generous thing to do just on principal, but we're not talking Happy Meals from Mickey D's.  And (again, fortunately for me) they have been bringing enough food to feed a small army.  I don't think I'm ever going home.  Or at least not til either 1) the two weeks is up or 2) I weigh 425 lbs.!  Hayley is so lucky to have such great friends.   On behalf of the Townleys, let me be the first to say....thanks for all the great grub!  And if you stop by for a visit, chances are pretty good that they'll feed you too.