Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thursday Night

An early one tonight, as Hayley was a good sleeper today! All those visits yesterday made her quite sleep. Somewhere someone told me that your body really repairs itself during quality REM sleep--or maybe i just made it up. At any rate, that was what she was doing today, and it seemed to make a difference. She is still in ICU, but i would bet she will be out tomorrow, the doc thinks she will be out of bed by Sunday.

Gets me tired just thinking about it! You all know Hayley, and seeing someone who has that much energy stuck in bed is a strange site. It is wonderful to see her improving. Hospitals can be wonderful places. The Milkshake guy came around today, and delivered Hayley a really great milkshake (i did help her out with it and it was yummy).

But for some folks the Hospital is not so kind. In the room next to Hayley is a woman who came out of surgery (unknown) and her entire extended family is in the waiting room outside the ICU. They take up every seat and spill into the hall. From the looks of the family things may not be doing so well--I cant really tell what they are talking about as their conversation is in Spanish. I hope for the best, but I see the fear in the family's faces, and understand. It is the fear of the unknown. Two days ago I guess I looked like that too. My what a difference 48 hours can make!

Well its off to bed, while your thinking about Hayley, say a little prayer for the woman in the next room. I hope her family and friends have a strong network like we do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of this and you're still thinking of others, amazing. You two were made for each other. We'll say a prayer for all.
Stopped in to see the girls today, but they had gone to the park to chase the ball.
Nite nite Timmy, we love you
Shirl

Susan said...

I'm so glad that Hayley's getting that healing sleep (and I don't think you made that up).

Tell her that the package she sent me arrived today. During all that stressful pre-op preparation, she thought to send me something. That is so Hayley! The Hertz #1 instantly became my favorite ice scraper.

I'll be saying a prayer for your ICU neighbor and her family.

Love to you both!