Thursday, January 1, 2009

Movie Rights and Movies Seen

We are getting close to the actual day of the surgery. As far as I know, the date is still Tuesday, January 6th. We will leave for San Francisco Monday morning (after a stop at Frank's, because I am still eating anything I want). 

Although, Soledad aka Ms. Scheduler didn't let us down. We called her on Tuesday to ask her if she had heard back from our insurance. She hadn't. She did manage to call back on December 30, Tuesday night at 6 p.m. and said that she is still working on it. Nice. She wanted to know if I had gotten my medical clearance from my primary care doctor. That would be the one SHE FORGOT TO TELL ME I NEEDED! 

So, we are scrambling and will hopefully get that tomorrow (Friday). 

I have given movie producer rights to Queen Jean Steel who came up with this scene: 

It's set in the operating room. 
As I am going under, the doctor turns around and says slowly and precisely, 
"Hello, Hayley. [pause]. I am your surgeon [longer pause], Soledad."

That's good stuff right there - I don't care who you are! 

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I would be amiss in saying that the surgery is definitely on my mind. I'm trying to keep myself busy (cleaning my house, working on the website newsletters, de-cluttering, etc.) We decided to go see a movie. 

We ended up seeing Seven Pounds. 

This is an amazing movie. Will Smith should just take his award and sit down. However, and without spoiling anything, this did not take my mind off it. I'm exhausted. 

But you should definitely see it if you haven't. And then we can talk about it. But I think in the meantime perhaps I should go see Marley & Me to truly let my mind wander! 

Oh yeah, Happy New Year! 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you. I don't really know what else to say right now. Hopefully, my sense of humor and skill with words will come back.
Zeena

Margerie said...

Just keep writing on the Soledad script. Tim (in cape and tights, pick out the colors because you are so good at that) barges in and beheads dear pain-in-the-incompetent-ass Soledad and saves the day. Dr. B then barges in and yells at everyone to get their act together and rearranges Hayley to cosmetic perfection. And the path lady sings and everyone lives happily ever after.

But seriously, I am telling you these days are the hardest part. Once you wake up and just deal with it you will cry with relief. And don't worry, the docs have seen many a boo hoo women before. Will be thinking of you Hayley and godspeed for this freakin' bump in your road!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that Margerie and Hayley know each other.

Anonymous said...

My dear Hayley,

Yesterday I told Bill that I've met some amazing women in my life, but Hayley Townley is the most extraordinary. Honestly ... I mean it.
I know you didn't choose to be my inspiration, but you are! Whenever I start whining about fat thighs & jeans that are too darn tight, I think of your amazing attitude in the face of all of this.

Repeat after me: 2009 brings Hayley perfect health, a gorgeous body, and the end of boobie worries!

I'll keep you close to my heart ALL day Tuesday and the days to follow.

With my love, Pat :-)

Anonymous said...

Hayley - no doubt about it, your friends and sense of humor will carry you through. Thinking of new boobies.

Anonymous said...

Hayley....my lovely lovely Hayley ........it just so happens......... I am between movies right now. I came across your blog. I think....no.....I know we can make ..........magic.

This Dr. Soledad........I like it. I will play him. And the pause......marvelous. I.... invented...... the pause. No wait...... strike that........ I perfected...... the pause.

Dr.B ........ I will play him also....... they can be twin brothers........ thats outstanding...... a double role......A born leader like me.

That just leaves......the kiss, my Shatner signature kiss.......I need a nurse. find me..........a nurse she must be........green....... yes a green nurse........this is going to be big big perhaps..........oscar??