Tuesday, January 6, 2009

8:20 PM - NITE NITE!

Hi everybody!
Well, it's still good news on the Townley front. Hayley is now happily settled into ICU and sleeping off the anesthesia. I asked if she woke up and Timmy said she was hungry but they won't let her eat. I think that's a good sign. Apparently he was able to see the new girls and they look great...I did not know this but apparently the incision is only a couple inches wide, then they use this opening to stuff the fat (courtesy of Ben and Jerry's) inside. Good thing she ate all that ice cream this week!! I assume they (the girls, not Ben and Jerry) are even and perky. SO I guess this means that she was NOT exactly filleted like a fish. Who knew??? But......Hooray! She will be resting comfortably thanks to the wonders of modern medicine tonight, and Timmy has gone back to the hotel for some much needed rest. Clearly everyone's prayers and positive energy have worked their magic, so good job everyone!! Keep up the good work and check back in tomorrow for another update.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I forgot my log on, and my computer cant seem to hook up with the local wireless, so I thought I'd find this unspecting computer to update you all. It's 9.30 and I'm beat. At least they didn't slice my belly open.

I got Hayley all tucked in, and she is doing just great. It is hard to not make her laugh, she is in a bit of pain, as you may imagine, but it is under control.

They have the coolest gagets in this hospital. We can actually listen to her blood circulate via a Doppler (maybe like the radar?) system. Sounds just like the ocean. Kinda.

I decided that she would be better off sleeping if I took off, so I did so, drove around a little (enough to get my phone charged back up--went thru 2 batteries today) grabbed a bite, comedeered this computer, and now I'm off to bed.

Mucho thanks to all, especially Madelyn and Greg (my sis and her hubby who held my hand today) and of course Edna (Julie) who has been keeping you all up to date.

I'll be back with her tomorrow, and if no one notices back to this computer for another update tomorrow night,

Take Care, and thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all of your kind thoughts sent to the one I love!

tt

Anonymous said...

This is just absolutely awesome news! Give Hayley an extra big (but gentle) hug from me.

Pat :-)

emkaykay said...

Thank you all so much for the updates...I believe I might be able to exhale now and get some sleep too!
Please tell Hayley I love her and I'm looking foward to hearing her humorous take on the whole adventure during her recovery when she gets home.
(And yes Tim, I love you too! You get the Super Hubby Gold Star for sure)

Margerie said...

See you tommorrow Tim. Thanks for taking such good care of our girl. And for sharing her too ;)

I am so ahppy for you both!

Jim Thompson said...

Very happy all is well. I kept a positive thought and just to be sure gave a shout out to my higher power for Hayley. Thoughts and love coming your way from New York City! `Jim